Over the last year and a half, we’ve really missed Road2Hope. If you haven’t joined us for a Road2Hope before, picture this: the November air is crisp, the leaves are starting to change colours, everyone is in their EduDeo shirts, and there’s a deep joy that comes from racing for Christ-centred education.
Which is why we’re so excited to announce: Road2Hope is back for EduDeo, and we want you to join us!
Like most things over the last while, this year’s Road2Hope will look a little bit different. It’ll be smaller. There’s no separate family race. There won’t be any soup or bouncy castles. Masks will be required at the start and finish line, where people are congregating.
But our favourite parts -- that crisp November air, the sight of everyone in their EduDeo shirts, and the joy you bring to racing for Christ-centred education -- will be present, and we cannot wait to be back together, experiencing it with you.
On November 6 at 10 am, join EduDeo Ministries for a 5 KM race at Road2Hope. There are only 100 spots available, so make sure you sign up ASAP.
This year, all EduDeo sign-ups will happen through Race Roster. The sign-up process is as follows:
- Head to https://raceroster.com/events/2021/49463/2021-hamilton-marathon-road2hope.
- On the right-hand side, you’ll see an icon that says, “I have an access code” because guess what? You DO have an access code - it’s EDUDEO21.
- A login screen will pop up -- if you haven’t used RaceRoster ever before, pop in an email address and create a password. You’re a RaceRoster pro? Login as usual.
- You’ll be brought to a registration page where at the top, they ask for your access code. Remember it? It’s EDUDEO21.
- After entering the access code, you’ll see 5K Charity Walk / Run for EduDeo at the top of the event list - click that!
- Choose “I am completing this form for myself” and proceed to fill in your information.
- Looking to unlock a family rate? For $125, you can register up to 2 adults (18+) and up to 4 children (5+) by clicking the “ADD ANOTHER REGISTRANT” button at the bottom of the page. A group discount will apply. Heads up: the discount will only come through if you have a minimum of 3 registrants and will cap out at 6 registrants.
- You can access your fundraising page by signing into RaceRoster, going to your dashboard, clicking the 2021 Road2Hope event, and looking at the fundraising portion in the bottom right hand corner. Click “Edit page” to share why you’re running. Your fundraising profile page will also have links to share your profile with others.
After you’ve signed up, go ahead and tell your family and friends WHY you’re running (because it wouldn’t be an EduDeo race without a great cause behind it). This year, you’re running for Haiti.
In September, Haiti experienced an earthquake – and for our partner CRECH, some training centres were damaged in the earthquake. This year, EduDeo is running the Road2Hope for reconstruction efforts in Haiti. Our goal is to raise $40,000 to assist in the rebuild – so every gift, small or large, helps.
Have questions? You can reach out to Hannah Moerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to racing with you again!
Today at EduDeo Ministries, we’re remembering the life of Lesther Gonzales, EduDeo’s long-time staff member in Nicaragua. Lesther passed away on December 7, 2021 from complications after contracting COVID-19. If you met Lesther over the last number...Read More
Phil will become the third Executive Director in the history of EduDeo Ministries (formerly Worldwide Christian Schools Canada), and will begin the transition to...Read More
As a result, we’ve been brought in – a team of six fourth-year students, all with different areas of...Read More
When you ask teachers and principals all across Nicaragua about these names, they recognize them immediately. These names bring...Read More
We arrived. Everything went well, minus one bag. It should arrive tomorrow or the next day. It is warm, and life is so different....Read More