March 3, 2017

Safe and Sound

Trinity HANDS Team:

We safely arrived back in Canada at 1am Wednesday morning. We were surprised at the warm weather that welcomed us back, but we weren't complaining.

While we arrived safely, it wasn't without a few bumps in the road. Our bus was supposed to pick us up from the camp at 12 so we could make it for our 3:15 flight. However, the bus was almost a hour late, in true Dominican form. But there was nothing for us to do but just go with the flow as we have learned over the past week. The next bump was traffic, our first major traffic jam, though it wasn't nearly as exciting as it could be as we were already worried about making our flight on time. We did make our flight, just as they were starting to board.

But the excitement doesn't end there. As we started to board, when it was Chad's turn, security came up and took him away, much to the surprise of everyone! Luckily a few of us hadn't already gone through the gate and were able to wait around for him. Turns out Chad had been picked for a random check and it wasn't anything more than that. It didn't take long and everyone was able to board and set off on our first flight of the day. So if you ever see a "SSSS" on your boarding pass, chances are you are going to be pulled away for a random security check!

We had a 3 hour layover in Atlanta, which, because the airport is so huge and we had to go through security again, turned into a hour layover instead. This was still enough time for us to grab food and have a little break. But the hard part was once we found our gate we realized that they had changed it and we had to walk all the way across the terminal to our new gate. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but when 3 of the 10 people aren't feeling good, it's a lot of work. 

On our last flight the flight attendants were nice enough to give both Ron and Dan seats with more leg room. This was a welcome for both of them and Ron was finally about to sleep on the flight, a good thing because he was not feeling well at all. But the 2 hour flight gave him just enough rest to refresh him for the drive home.

We want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and support while we were on this trip, without you this trip wouldn't have been possible. It was such an amazing experience and we can't wait to tell everyone all of our stories.



Leave a comment
Email address will
not be published
Required field.
Required, don't worry, it will not be published.
Please include a comment!
Keep in mind, all comments are public.