A School that is part of CCAP

Mphamba Basic School is located in Zambia’s Eastern province. It serves students from both rural and urban areas and is one of the largest CCAP (Church of Central Africa Presbyterian) schools, serving around 1,200 students with 21 teachers.

Church of Scotland missionaries started this school in 1939 as one of the first schools in the area. Part of the current school building is still from the original construction.  Many of classrooms were in disrepair because of years of neglect when the Zambian Governement Ministry of Education took over the school and ran it.

CCAP in collobration with the local community, Ministry of Education and EduDeo worked hard to extensively renovate multiple classrooms and offices to make this school safe and usable for the many children who walk through its doors. By rehabilitating condemned and unused classrooms CCAP has been able to reduce the class size and created a better learning environment for the students. Christian schools like Mphamba are known for their quality education across the nation, and giving this school a clean and dependable structure has helped to motivate and encourage staff and students alike.

The community has a special place in its heart for this school and, as a show of support for this much-needed project, eagerly participated in the renovations by donating all the bricks, sand, and stone needed.


Jul 3, 2013 at 4:24 pm

As CCAP EDUCATION ZAMBIA, we are so thankful for helping us renovate mphamba Basic SCHOOL. There is great change at this school, teachers and pupils they have been motivated which we feel is going to improve pupils performance. God bless.

Leave a comment
Email address will
not be published
Required field.
Required, don't worry, it will not be published.
Please include a comment!
Keep in mind, all comments are public.